I'm Crystal. I'm an advocate, artist, and Tantric Yogi exploring the intersections of Humanity, Technology & the Mystical. I'm a founding member of JournoDAO, and a 500 RYT yoga instructor. Formerly the Director of Community at Consensys and Community Manager at Unlock Protocol.
My work focuses on leveraging decentralization for developers, artists, writers, journalists, activists and academics. I help them create autonomous, regenerative and sustainable ecosystems so they can thrive in our patriarchal economy. I'm cstreet.eth & desertrat on the interwebs.
I publish content here on my site, at LinkedIn (on occasion) & on Farcaster @cstreet. I do still have a Twitter profile and scan it regularly for web3 connections, trends and information. But please connect with me at LI or Farcaster, where I'm active daily.
Recent Talks & Teachings
Hyperlink Istanbul 2023 | How Web3 Developers are Enabling Public Goods Use Csaes with Kevin Owocki
Recent Essays & NFTs
Recent Media Appearances
My Artist's CV
For those new to my art, here’s my artist’s CV. In addition to my traditional art career as a photojournalist and documentarian of over 25 years, I began minting my artwork to the blockchain in early 2021 and have been featured in multiple IRL NFT galleries in Chicago and LA in curated women-only photographer’s exhibits. I have a handful of repeat collectors who are amazing humans that I’m so incredibly grateful to have connected on this wild journey into emerging technology!
Awards, Grants & Fellowships
- First in the nation at the College Photographers of the Year competition for still/audio production
- First in the North Carolina Press Photographers Assoc. professional category for still/audio production
- Honorable mention as assistant editor on group multimedia project for CPOY
- Best of Photography Honorable Mention for Best Multimedia package, as assistant editor
- Hearst Competition, 9th in the nation for photo essay on crime and poverty
- Class of 1938 Fellow for Tibetan Exile Documentary Project
- SURF Fellow for Tibetan Exile Documentary Project
- Multiple journalism grants for international projects
- Marvin Nieman Scholar at Naropa University 2022-23
Exhibits & Collections
- 2001 Dare County Arts Council Solo Exhibit
- 2002 Commission for Private Collector in Corolla, N.C.
- 2007 Curator & Exhibitor in Photojournalism Collection at UNC
- 2008 Fine Art Commission for UNC Summer School
- 2021 Balance NFT Exhibit at ImNotArt Gallery in Chicago, IL, NFT sold for 1 ETH at auction.
- 2022 A Perfect Day NFT Exhibit at Super Chief Gallery, Los Angeles, CA
Partial Client List 2003-2017
- Whole Foods Market
- Nissan North America
- Oregon Public Broadcasting
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- News & Observer
- Outer Banks Press
- Special Olympics
- Junior Achievement/World Bank
- Pizza Hut/ Martin Agency
- And many more…
Please support my work by collecting any NFTs linked in these essays.