I'm Crystal. I'm an advocate, artist, and yogi exploring the intersections of Humanity, Technology & the Mystical. I'm the Director of Community at Consensys. I'm a founding member of JournoDAO, and a 500 RYT yoga instructor.
My work focuses on leveraging decentralization for developers, artists, writers, journalists, activists and academics. I help them create autonomous, regenerative and sustainable ecosystems so they can thrive in our patriarchal economy. I'm cstreet.eth & desertrat on the interwebs.
I publish content here on my site, at LinkedIn (on occasion) & on Farcaster @cstreet. I do still have a Twitter profile and scan it regularly for web3 connections, trends and information. But please connect with me at LI or Mastodon, where I'm active daily.
Recent Essays & NFTs
Recent Media Appearances
My Artist's CV
For those new to my art, here’s my artist’s CV. In addition to my traditional art career as a photojournalist and documentarian of over 25 years, I began minting my artwork to the blockchain in early 2021 and have been featured in multiple IRL NFT galleries in Chicago and LA in curated women-only photographer’s exhibits. I have a handful of repeat collectors who are amazing humans that I’m so incredibly grateful to have connected on this wild journey into emerging technology!
Awards, Grants & Fellowships
- First in the nation at the College Photographers of the Year competition for still/audio production
- First in the North Carolina Press Photographers Assoc. professional category for still/audio production
- Honorable mention as assistant editor on group multimedia project for CPOY
- Best of Photography Honorable Mention for Best Multimedia package, as assistant editor
- Hearst Competition, 9th in the nation for photo essay on crime and poverty
- Class of 1938 Fellow for Tibetan Exile Documentary Project
- SURF Fellow for Tibetan Exile Documentary Project
- Multiple journalism grants for international projects
- Nieman Scholar at Naropa University 2022-23
Exhibits & Collections
- 2001 Dare County Arts Council Solo Exhibit
- 2002 Commission for Private Collector in Corolla, N.C.
- 2007 Curator & Exhibitor in Photojournalism Collection at UNC
- 2008 Fine Art Commission for UNC Summer School
- 2021 Balance NFT Exhibit at ImNotArt Gallery in Chicago, IL, NFT sold for 1 ETH at auction.
- 2022 A Perfect Day NFT Exhibit at Super Chief Gallery, Los Angeles, CA
Partial Client List 2003-2017
- Whole Foods Market
- Nissan North America
- Oregon Public Broadcasting
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- News & Observer
- Outer Banks Press
- Special Olympics
- Junior Achievement/World Bank
- Pizza Hut/ Martin Agency
- And many more…
Please support my work by collecting any NFTs linked in these essays or subscribe to this site as a Patron of the Arts!